Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sick Baby :(



Bath time is so much fun! Even though Asher was more interested in looking at the camera in this pic, he really loves to splash like crazy. It's been so fun having a baby and experiencing all of these fun moments. I think that Ben is ready to have more (he has been since Asher was 4 months) but since I am the one that throws up and feels sick most of the pregnancy, I think we'll wait a bit :)

Right now Asher's ears are both infected. It has been terrible for us and especially for him. It's so sad to hear him groan in pain. Last night, at about 1:00 AM Asher was so wired and so tired that he was disoriented. He kept looking around like he didn't recognize where he was and he screamed any time I tried to lay him down or rock him. I wanted to cry! Luckily the antibiotic is kicking in and tonight he is fast asleep. This is my first experience with a really sick baby, so you all know how that is.

Actually, he first got sick at Kim Bell's house, a friend I hadn't seen since right after highschool (this is why I like blogging, we get back in touch). I had just fed Asher and was standing up to leave and Asher threw up all over me, himself and the floor. Kim's 2 year old Jaxson heard me let out a little yell and he ran over and asked "What happened?" It was so cute, he talks so well. I hope that her kids didn't get sick, too!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Aw... I hate it when the kiddos get sick. I hope he feels better soon- and I hope you are getting rest too. It its just as hard on the parents I have discovered!! (sometimes its weird to think im a parent!)

Julia M. said...

Asher is such a doll! I'm sorry that he's sick. So not fun. I hope he gets better soon so I can come play with him! Tomorrow I'll come pick you up for graduation, sound okay? I love you!

Allyson said...

I'm sorry he's sick! Ear infections are the worst! I have 2 nieces with them now and it's just sad! So anyways, hopefully you'll all get some sleep! Oh and Heidi mentioned she would be in town this month - we should totally get together and go to lunch!

Heidi said...

ugh... ear infections...

It's so much easier when they're a little bit older and can TELL you where they hurt and what they need! It's always so sad to not know what to do for a sick little baby!

Jose Miguel said...

beautiful baby,I'm sorry he´s sick,
ya fuimos al templo Marisol ,yo , Benjamin y Renee; estamos sellados
le queremos hermana Laura

Laurie & Clint said...

sorry for your sick little guy. he sure is a cutie though. i just love seeing new pics of him.

Amy said...

Hey Laura! Cute blog..I've enjoyed catching up on this :)

Matt said...

DUDE!!!! LOPSHIRE!!!!!!! IT'S ME WOLFLEY FROM THE FREAKIN MISH!!! Man, I can't believe it's you, you gotta email me some time!!!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

That was so fun to see you! Sorry to see Asher so sick--he is such a cute little guy. It is so hard to have sick kids because you just want to help them and sometimes you don't know what to do for them...all part of being a mom!